Peter Alizio New York Tax Lawyer
• Boston University: B.S. in Business Administration
• Boston University: Certificate in Advanced Accountancy
• C.W. Post, LI University: M.S. in Taxation
• St. John’s University School of Law: Juris Doctor
• New York Certified Public Accountant
• New York State
• Tax Court
- The Nassau County Bar Association (NCBA)
- The American Academy of Attorney-CPAs
- The New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA)
• NYSSCPA: Taxation of Individuals Committee- Member
• NYSSCPA: Partnership Tax Committee – Member
• NCBA: Attorney/Accountant Committee – Member
• NCBA: Tax Law Committee – Member
Peter E. Alizio, CPA, ESQ.
Peter is dedicated to providing comprehensive legal advice and support to clients from in and around Long Island, Peter is a dual practitioner working as a CPA in the tax compliance area and a tax attorney focusing on tax controversy resolution. As the founder of Alizio Tax & Alizio Law, Peter currently works as a tax attorney helping clients resolve their IRS and NYS tax problems.
“As a tax lawyer who is a dual practitioner, I routinely draw on my accounting and tax preparation background to implement practical recommendations helping my clients navigate U.S. Tax Law”
As a Long Island native, Peter graduated from Jericho High School, then immediately enrolled at Boston University. After earning a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in Accounting, Peter began his career working in the tax department of a Midtown Manhattan CPA firm. As someone who excelled in accounting and taxation, it did not take long for Peter to become a licensed New York CPA.
Peter is a passionate lifelong learner, never satisfied with his current skillset, knowledge, and abilities. Therefore, upon becoming a CPA, Peter pursued a masters degree in taxation and law school at night while he continued to work during the day. Peter is a proud alumnus of St. John’s University School of Law, and admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court.
Most notably, aside from his tax law practice, Peter is an adjunct professor who regularly volunteers to represent low-income taxpayers before the IRS. Peter has taught ACC 1007 & ACC 1008 at St. John’s University - College of Professional Studies. When he is not solving IRS and NYS tax problems, Peter can be spotted taking cooking classes in NYC or relaxing in Garden City.
“My ideal case is helping a nervous client with years of unfiled tax returns”
Peter is a lifelong Long Island resident, and proud to serve his community as a tax attorney. Citing that he would never want to live or practice law anywhere else, Peter loves every facet that makes up Long Island today.